Social Media

Support These Suppliers

BSU-152 Introduction to Book Marketing Discussions (236)

← Back to BSU-152 Introduction to Book Marketing
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

APSS Staff

Is your book unique? Probably not.

When some authors come to me for book-marketing help, the often begin by telling me, “There is no other book like mine.” In many cases they…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 25, 2014

APSS Staff

Sell to emotional and rational motives

Corporate book-buying decisions are made on emotional and rational criteria. You can simply show up at a sales presentation and spontaneous…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 24, 2014

APSS Staff

Can you sell more than 1000 books?

In a recent discussion online, I was asked, “How many authors are up to the task of selling 1000 books?” My immediate (unpublished) respons…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 23, 2014

APSS Staff

Ask the right questions in early strategy discussions

Ask “what to do” in the early stages of book-marketing-strategy development. “How to do it” comes later.

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 17, 2014

APSS Staff

Bill Gates' favorite business book

In the “Wall Street Journal” (July 12, 2014, page C3) Bill Gates talks about his favorite business book: “Business Adventures,” by John Bro…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 16, 2014

APSS Staff

Build on your promise

Move from a book-centric to promise-centric business model to attract and keep customers, improve relations with channel members, and bette…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 15, 2014

APSS Staff

Create a unique point of difference

When your book’s point of difference is imperceptible or nonexistent, the full burden of gaining consumer preference falls on pricing, pack…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 14, 2014

APSS Staff

Coordinate your marketing before pub date

The final month before publication is devoted to following up with your printer, editors, producers, prospective buyers, distribution partn…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 11, 2014

APSS Staff

Plan

When your book takes off like a rocket, make sure you are inside and in control, not outside hanging on for dear life.

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 10, 2014

APSS Staff

Budget your resources properly

Some business planners allocate a fixed percentage of sales to create their marketing budget. However, this makes marketing a consequence r…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jul 9, 2014

RSS

© 2024   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service