Save 50% on How to Make Real Money Selling Books with all the information you need to sell books to non-bookstore buyers – who and how to contact. Use Promo Code APSS upon check out: http://tinyurl.com/lbvs5fd
Jan 22: What’s in a Name? EVERYTHING! How to Name Your Book, by Scott Lorenz; 6:00 pm ET; Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/pkupzyf
Sell more books with
information from book-marketing experts in Brian Jud's FREE bi-weekly
You're invited to join nearly 300 book publishing professionals from across the country for the Independent Book Publishers Association's (IBPA's) 27th Annual Publishing University: a two-day, must-attend, networking, and educational event focused specifically on issues important to independent publishers and self-published authors.
IBPA’s Publishing University will be held on April…
Here are ten more of Brian Jud's tweets from this week that may help you sell more books profitably. If you would like to follow Brian Jud on Twitter you can at @bookmarketing
1. Define yourself as a content provider rather than a book publisher – that opens new revenue streams
2. When publishing your content remember the adage that form follows function
3. Every book should start out as a mystery – even non-fiction. Readers should quickly understand that you have something to say that they never considered.
4. Some people thought Goliath was too big to hit. David thought he was too big to miss. Non-bookstore marketing is a Goliath opportunity for those who see it that way.
5. There are five characteristics of a good sales proposal: it should be teachable, manageable, fixable, replicatable and scalable.
6. Have you ever noticed how a tiny speck of dirt stands out in a glass of milk? So it is with typos in a manuscript.
7. It’s very difficult to correct your own copy. Have someone else proofread your work and do concept as well as line editing.
8. Believe in and be passionate about your message. Then invest the time and money necessary to make it happen
9. Product line (portfolio) strategy relates new titles to existing titles, extending brand awareness
10. When on the air, answer questions in a way that gets your info across. Play Jeopardy. “Here is the answer. What was the question?”
“Thank you so much for the in-depth quality of your (APSS) webinars.”
“Don’t confuse progress with winning. It’s one thing to be making continuous improvements and say, ‘This year I got 10% better,’ but if you’re still last, you have to have an external view and know what it’s going to take to become the best.”
Mary Barra, CEO, GM
Global EBook Awards.
Save $15 off the entry fee for Dan Poynter’s Global Ebook Award competition. Ebooks published in 2014 or later may be entered in the Global Ebook Awards. Go to http://globalebookawards.com/instructions-for-entering/ for more information, and contact Becky@globalebookawards.com with questions.
Enter a first book for $79
And an add-on (category or second book) is just $29.
If you have yet to enter an ebook in the Global Ebook Awards, you may do so now for $79. AND add a category or a second ebook for just $29.00
If you have already entered an ebook in the 2014 Global Ebook Awards, you may add a category or a second ebook for $29.00
Ready to sign up? Visit http://globalebookawards.com/registration/ to add your entries. The code is “32%OFF”
Color House Graphics exists to help publishers and authors create and deliver great books. We can help you produce a compelling product. We place a high value on quality, simple processes and hands-on personal service.
We invite you to explore our website and discover how our dedicated people can consistently provide you with superior service and quality from your first contact to delivery of your books. We welcome the opportunity to demonstrate our abilities to you with your next project.