Last year APSS had one Book Selling University in Philadelphia. Many members asked to have it closer to them.
Therefore, we are having multiple Universities at APSS Chapter locations around the US and Canada.
See the tab "Local Chapters" above for one near you.
New program to find and contact potential buyers for you -- automatically
APSS can find your potential buyers in bookstores, libraries, businesses, media, associations, movie producers and more. Then create and send an email with your customized message to these targeted, interested prospects. Special discount for APSS members.
Oct 8: “How to Craft a Persuasive Book Proposal for Any Genre or Topic,” By Patricia Fry; 6:00 pm ET; http://tinyurl.com/ov6bv2w
Sell more books with
information from book-marketing experts in Brian Jud's FREE bi-weekly
APSS has reached an agreement with Foreword Reviews magazine to provide APSS members with discounts on their products and services. Here is a description of them and all the money you can save by utilizing them. All codes and links will be given to paid APSS members. …
During a recent interview by Dr. Tom Hill, a SEAL commander offered tangible advice that can be applied to almost any business:
1. Teamwork is your top priority. A mission cannot be successfully executed unless the team is functioning as one. The SEALs continual emphasis on teamwork corresponds closely with the daily requirements of the business world.
2. Early leaders are good leaders. This opportunity is unparalleled in the corporate world, where an employee may need 10 to 15 years to reach a position of significant leadership and high level of responsibility.
3. Excel at ethics. In the world of business, the ethical leader is sometimes a rarity, and truly esteemed.
4. Stay calm. The military trains its team to be more comfortable taking risks with incomplete information. This is the daily function of a CEO, but it is rarely passed down to employees.
5. Hard times help you adapt--quickly. Young executives who go through hard times should learn to appreciate them, recognizing that those times will not only strengthen them, but truly train them to properly and successfully lead their own teams when battling the competition.
6. Ambush the competition. In an ambush, always take out the radio operator and the unit leader (usually the guy next to the radioman). Without leadership or good communication, the enemy is forced into disarray and can be picked apart. A good lesson for all leaders and their organizations.
7. Study Darwin. Survival is not about who's the strongest or fastest, but who can best adapt to change. Navy SEALs are masters of adaptation, being able to operate in jungle, desert, or artic conditions. In comparison, CEOs must adapt to the ever-changing market conditions they face daily and should train their staff to do the same.
“Even though I write fiction, I found most of the suggestions
(on the APSS webinar) quite helpful.” - Valerie Stastik
“You can fail at what you don’t want – so you might as well take a chance at doing what you love,” - Jim Carrey
Sell your book for you.
Do you want to sell your books to non-bookstore buyers, but do not have the time, skills or desire to find the names of people to contact, make the presentations and close the sale? One of the top sales professionals in the promotional products industry can do that for you. Pre-determined price and profit for selected books. Sales activities take place over several months (mailings/phone/presentations/follow up). You provide samples.
30 hours of time, plus commission of 25% of the profits. Out-of-pocket expenses (postage, etc.) are charged at cost. Additional time may be purchased at $35 per hour. Terms: $625 due with agreement and $625 after 15 hours. There is no guarantee that any sales will result.
A skilled, professional sales person will call prospective buyers and pre-sell your book. They will pre-sell your book and stimulate interest among potential buyers. We will send you the name of the prospects and their contact information, and a brief description of why they are interested in your book. These will be people who want to learn more about your book, and are expecting to see a copy of it. You send the sample to prospect, and you do the follow up. $75 per lead ($750 minimum). If you would like assistance or training in how to do the follow up, see “Role Playing: below.
We will create a list of prospective buyers for your book. We will provide you with the names and contact information (email, website, phone, address) of people you can contact to generate sales of your book for long-term, recurring revenue. $5 per lead with a minimum of 100 leads ($500)
Prepare a telephone presentation for prospecting, arranging appointments. You provide us with a description of your book and we will create the script for you. It will be in a professional, yet friendly voice, but will be able to massage it to meld with your personality. The package will include a brief voice-mail message intended to increase the likelihood of a return call. The price for a script to each buyer type (corporations, associations, schools, etc.) describing the unique benefits of your book to their needs is $150
Guy will act as a buyer for making the initial call or to follow up on a hot lead. You will work together in role playing with different types of “buyers.” This includes a critique of each call with suggestions for improvement. Guy will also describe the nuances B2B phone-call etiquette that will increase the likelihood of a sale. $125 per hour
· Spread word-of-mouth advertising
· Have a fun giveaway for book signings and other events
Contact Guy Achtzehn at The Promotional Bookstore, firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 846-3865. Provide your APSS membership number for a 10% discount on promotional items
The APSS Shipping Program, managed by PartnerShip®, is a comprehensive inbound and outbound shipping program that combines simplicity, savings, and value to all APSS members. As the APSS-endorsed shipping management provider, PartnerShip works with nationally known carriers to provide unparalleled customer service and significant savings on every shipment. Members who enroll in this free program receive discounts on small package, LTL freight, and tradeshow shipments. Call PartnerShip at 800-599-2902 or visit PartnerShip.com/APSS to sign up for these savings today. See a video about Partnership