Social Media

Support These Suppliers

All Discussions Tagged '' (236)

← Back to BSU-152 Introduction to Book Marketing
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

APSS Staff

Use all the promotional tools at the right time

There are four general promotional tools you can use at different times – online of offline -- to accomplish your marketing goals. These ar…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 28, 2017

APSS Staff

Entrepreneurial lessons from Steve Jobs

The Wall Street Journal (Jan 12, page A13) listed “Do and Don’t” entrepreneurial lessons from the movies. For example, lessons from “Steve…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 15, 2017

APSS Staff

Three things every author needs

Three things a fire and a human need: ignition, fuel and oxygen. Set a goal to ignite your desire to sell more books. Fuel that desire with…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 10, 2017

APSS Staff

How often to promote?

“You need to run a TV ad at least 12 times if you want voters to remember your candidate,” said Jim Margolis. Similarly, you need repeat ex…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 5, 2017

APSS Staff

Who is your target reader?

When asked who their target reader is, many authors reply, “I do not know,” or “everybody who likes to read about (their topic).” Either an…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Dec 20, 2016

APSS Staff

Look for windows of opportunity

When we first publish a book it's like entering a room with thousands of windows of opportunity. Over time we close some (fear, ego, not be…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Nov 20, 2016

APSS Staff

The Seven Wonders of the Book-Marketing World

I wonder … 1.     What should I do next? 2.     How I can more effectively use the Internet? 3.     If I am  making money? 4.     Why there…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Nov 12, 2016

APSS Staff

Find the positive spin to every disaster

If you went on vacation and came back to find that your house had burned down, what is the first thing you would do if you knew you had lef…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Nov 2, 2016

APSS Staff

Choose projects wisely

“It takes years to make a musical. So I’ve got to choose projects knowing that even if they open and close in a day, I will not regret the…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Oct 21, 2016

APSS Staff

Book or movie?

“Watching a movie about the Cuban Missile Crisis shows you a drama. Reading about it shows you a dilemma. The book makes you imagine the co…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Oct 7, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service