• A marketing maven

Kyle L. Miller's Page

Profile Information

First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Miller
About Me - Personally
I 'retired' to Sanibel Island, Florida in 2000 to enjoy tropical environment and wildlife. I became involved in volunteering for C.R.O.W., one of the oldest wildlife hospitals in the country. Assisting several authors with various tasks kept my creative energies alive. A combination of a love of wildlife, four grandchildren, and storytelling led me, in 2005, to write and publish my first storybook, DILLO A Baby Armadillo's Adventure on Sanibel Island, illustrated by Randon T. Eddy. In my spare time I enjoy the beach, tennis, biking, and visiting my grand children in Colorado.
About Me - Professionally
After spending over 20 years in educational settings, I am currently a children's book author/publisher and owner of Jungle House Publications, which has turned into a full time occupation. I enjoy school visits, library reading to children, and book signings and being a member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Publishers Association.

Kyle L. Miller's Photos

• Add Photos

Comment Wall (8 comments)

You need to be a member of APSS - Association of Publishers for Special Sales to add comments!

At 9:17am on February 6, 2011, Claire Power Murphy, HonDL said…

Congrats on being featured, Kyle!

I love Sanibel - espcially the sunsets!

Are you on filedby?

Claire Power Murphy 
Another Featured Member

At 6:36pm on August 1, 2010, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said…
Hi,
I'm sorry you'll miss the signing. In case your in CT in Sept., I'll probably do another signing at the Farm on the 12th. In Oct. we'll be in Newtown on Oct.16th, at a place called Villages of Lexington. We'll also be in Brewster, but I don't know the date yet.
Where in FL to do live? We used to live in Royal Palm Beach area. Our last house there was in Loxahatchee. We also lived in Wellington, while that house was being built.
Thanks for writing. Wishing you all the best. When you find out when you'll be in the area, please let me know. Maybe we can get together. Does your sister live in FL too?
Deanie
At 8:41am on August 1, 2010, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said…
Hi Kyle,
Just wanted to let you know I'll be doing a book signing at Sweetbrier/Lion Hill on Sunday, Aug. 15, in case you still live in the area. It would really be fun to see you. I'll be there between 9:30-1:30 with my books and my sister's custom designed equestrian cards.
At 3:21pm on July 25, 2010, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said…
Hi Kyle,
I"m really glad that you have nice memories of Sweetbrier. We might be going there again for a book signing in August. I'll let you know if we confirm the date with the owner. Congratulations on your new book that will be out soon. We'll have one called Charlene the Star, but my sister is still working on the pictures for it, so I'm not sure when it will be out. My sister, Holly, does all the illustrations for my books and she does a beautiful job. We have fun working together. I can't draw anything, so she's definitely a blessing and she's appreciated.
Have a nice day and thanks for writing.
Deanie
At 7:30am on July 25, 2010, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said…
Hi Kyle,
What was your last name? I probably wouldn't remember you if you took lessons in the 50's but I'm really glad you had fun at Sweetbrier. It was always my favorite place to be and even now it's like going home when we visit there. We just had a book signing there last Sunday. It's good to hear from you and thanks for the kind comments.
Deanie
At 3:52pm on July 24, 2010, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said…
I just sent a comment back, but forgot to thank you for the good wishes. Of course, I wish you all the best as well.
Deanie
At 3:51pm on July 24, 2010, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said…
Hi Kyle,
Our family had the farm called Sweetbrier in the 50's, but it was in Easton, which isn't far from Trumbull. The farm still exists, but now it's called Lion Hill Farm, DBA Sweetbrier Limited.
Have a nice weekend,
Deanie
At 5:00pm on June 26, 2010, Dr. Niama L. Williams said…
Thank you for the support!!!! We editors are always accused of charging too much, but we must be compensated for our expertise. So many writers forget that ...........

Have a beautiful Saturday evening and thank you for the friend invitation!

Love and blessings,

Dr. Ni

WordPress

BlogTalkRadio

© 2024   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service