Social Media

Support These Suppliers

SPAN Open House, August 31, 2010, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.

Event Details

SPAN Open House, August 31, 2010, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.

Time: August 31, 2010 from 6pm to 8pm
Street: 1618 W. Colorado Ave.
City/Town: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Phone: 719.475.1726
Event Type: open, house
Organized By: Brad Poulson
Latest Activity: Sep 1, 2010

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

On August 31st, from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., authors, publishers, and those interested in learning more about the publishing industry, are invited to attend an open house at SPAN's Headquarters, located at 1618 W. Colorado Ave., Colorado Springs, Colorado. At this free event, Scott Flora, SPAN Executive Director, will demonstrate how using the SPANnet Online Community can help publishers and authors sell more books.

Comment Wall

Comment by Brad Poulson on August 26, 2010 at 12:50pm
Please note: SPAN's Headquarters is in the Mountain Time Zone, and for the event, on August 31, 2010, the hours will be 6 to 8 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time.
Comment by Brad Poulson on August 27, 2010 at 3:53pm
Ellen, I wish that you, and all of our SPANnet members in cyberspace, had the potential to attend our SPAN Headquarters Open House in person! Regarding your request, at this specific event, we will not able to provide an Internet “link” to Scott Flora’s demonstration of the SPANnet Online Community. Optionally, we have a recording of a webinar that Scott presented on this subject that we will post to SPANnet.org as soon as possible (We will let everyone know when this is available). In the future, we will work to incorporate an Internet aspect into our “Real World” events like this Open House. We are excited that so many members have requested to be involved in this way – we heard you and will endeavor to make it happen! In the meantime…thank you for supporting SPAN and I’ll look for you in our online community of authors and publishers. Highest Regards!
Comment by Paul Siegel on August 29, 2010 at 4:33pm
I'm looking forward to attending this event and meeting in person the various people who are doing such a bang-up job in running this site!
Comment by Brad Poulson on August 31, 2010 at 2:16pm
We’ve received a great response to our Open House invitation (Side bar to our partner member organizations: This event module of Spannet.org would be a great resource for your organizations to coordinate meetings/conferences/etc. In addition to informing existing members, it would publicize to potential members in your area.) Thanks to all of you who have responded, given suggestions, and recommended the event to your friends. Bill Radford, a Colorado Springs business news reporter for The Gazette, heard about the event and wrote the following article: click here. I thought you might be interested, and we will let you know how the event went!
Comment by Meryl Runion on August 31, 2010 at 2:41pm
Is there food? ;-)
Comment by Brad Poulson on August 31, 2010 at 2:56pm
Meryl,
As an employee of a nonprofit organization, I prioritize events that have free food; so, yes: you know how generous Scott and Debi are…they are providing light refreshments tonight! I’ll look forward to meeting you and the rest of our guests!
Comment by Meryl Runion on September 1, 2010 at 5:52am
It was a great evening. I was delighted to meet you all
Comment by Brad Poulson on September 1, 2010 at 5:02pm
It was a pleasure to meet all of you who were able to attend the SPAN Open House last night. Thank you for attending and if you have a moment to respond: we’d really appreciate your feedback on the event and would be interested in your ideas about what presentation topics we should cover in future events. Best wishes in your publishing endeavors!

Comment

RSVP for SPAN Open House, August 31, 2010, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. to add comments!

Join APSS - Association of Publishers for Special Sales

Attending (7)

Might attend (1)

Not Attending (4)

© 2024   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service