Social Media

Support These Suppliers

New WordPress Website/Blog Is Now Live

Whole Heart Online is finally live: www.wholeheart.org

This is our first step toward a full-court press of WordPress web properties. Next is another CMS website/blog, followed by three basic blogs, followed by some static book and bio blogs, followed by some "that might be fun to try" blogs. For the two CMS websites I am using a good WordPress designer (Joe Stallard at www.P12Media.com), but I will design the basic blogs myself. Here's why.

The Whole Heart website/blog was built using a StudioPress theme (www.studiopress.com). Brian Gardner, founder/designer of StudioPress, is one of the early innovators of the WordPress theme development market. My previous blog post mentioned several WP theme "Frameworks" that allow non-technical types (such as myself) the opportunity to become de facto blog designers. In my view, WP frameworks are a truly exciting new development. Brain Gardner, I have come to find out, is in the frame game, too. As I understand it, he will be converting his StudioPress theme site into a new Framework theme site for his Genesis Theme Framework (currently under the Themes menu on his site), with many of his designs becoming "Child Themes" for the Genesis framework.

Website design has always been a mystery and a frustration to me. I am full of ideas I would love to express online, but empty when it comes to the skills to achieve them, and the wallet to pay for them. My hope is that WP framework themes will begin to close the gap between what a creative-but-not-technical web wannabe like myself can imagine, and what I can actually do and afford.

Views: 8

Comment

You need to be a member of APSS - Association of Publishers for Special Sales to add comments!

© 2024   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service