Social Media

Support These Suppliers

All Discussions Tagged 'special sales' (60)

← Back to BSU-100 Introduction to Special Sales
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

APSS Staff

Just do something.

When artist Jasper Johns was asked how to create, he replied, "It's simple. You just take something and do something to it. Pretty soon, yo…

Started by Brian Jud

0 May 10, 2016

APSS Staff

Book sales are down -- except in special markets

The Association of American Publishers (AAP) released Q3 2015 revenue numbers from more than 1,200 trade, K-12, higher education, universit…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Apr 19, 2016

APSS Staff

Think like a burglar

Think like a burglar and get in to see more corporate buyers. If burglars want to get into a house, there are many different ways to enter…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Mar 26, 2016

APSS Staff

Sarcasm can improve creativity

A caustic coworker could improve your creativity. Participants solved problems after hearing sarcastic phrases, like an insincere “I’m sorr…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Mar 14, 2016

APSS Staff

Sell what your buyers want to buy

Your books will have unique and different value for each segment in which you participate. Retail stores are interested in building store t…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Mar 9, 2016

APSS Staff

Lower your book’s unit cost

The greater the quantity in which you print, the lower your unit printing cost will be. Therefore, some publishers print books and hold the…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 28, 2016

APSS Staff

Use referrals as a marketing strategy.

When you ask one of your corporate customers for a referral you could say, “Do you know of anyone else who could use my services?” You migh…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 19, 2016

APSS Staff

Sell books with less cost up front

If your goal is to sell 1,000,000 books this year, there are two ways to do it. One is through bookstores, where you will have to find abou…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 31, 2016

APSS Staff

What do you hear when your prospect says "No"?

Years ago I was a sales manager for a Fortune 250 company. When I was interested in hiring a salesperson I would tell him or her that I was…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 25, 2016

APSS Staff

Is your book discoverable?

Consider the word “discoverability.” How will people find your book?  In a retail store, your book is one of many purchase options. And peo…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 17, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service