APSS - Association of Publishers for Special Sales

Helping Publishers Sell More Books in More Ways

All Discussions Tagged 'special sales' (54)

← Back to BSU-100 Introduction to Special Sales
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

APSS Staff

Use referrals as a marketing strategy.

When you ask one of your corporate customers for a referral you could say, “Do you know of anyone else who could use my services?” You migh…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 19, 2016

APSS Staff

Sell books with less cost up front

If your goal is to sell 1,000,000 books this year, there are two ways to do it. One is through bookstores, where you will have to find abou…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 31, 2016

APSS Staff

What do you hear when your prospect says "No"?

Years ago I was a sales manager for a Fortune 250 company. When I was interested in hiring a salesperson I would tell him or her that I was…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 25, 2016

APSS Staff

Is your book discoverable?

Consider the word “discoverability.” How will people find your book?  In a retail store, your book is one of many purchase options. And peo…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 17, 2016

APSS Staff

Five articles that can help you sell more books

Short-Term Actions to Reach Long-Term Goals -- Jud's blog on Bowker’s website http://tinyurl.com/ow5ttbk   Four Ways to Sell More Books to…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 10, 2016

APSS Staff

Three parts to every sales proposal

A sales proposal has three parts: 1) Strategy – how to use the unique benefit of your content, 2) empowerment - get prospects to believe yo…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Dec 21, 2015

APSS Staff

Negotiating a book sale is like playing poker

Negotiating a book sale with a corporate buyer requires some of the same skills as playing poker. You need a little chutzpah, the creativit…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Dec 14, 2015

APSS Staff

Handling 4Q buyer objections

You may hear a potential buyer say, ”There is no money left in this year’s budget. I’ll get back to you in 1Q 2016.”  If so, reply using th…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Dec 9, 2015

APSS Staff

Special-sales marketing simplified

Your buyers seek solutions to problems; your content helps them solve their problems. Show them how. And it makes no difference to them if…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Nov 17, 2015

APSS Staff

Move out of your comfort zone...

Move out of your comfort zone to sell books to non-bookstore buyers. “You have to recognize that every out-front maneuver you make is going…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Oct 31, 2015

RSS

Social Media

Color House Graphics

Support These Suppliers

© 2018   Created by Brian Jud   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service