APSS - Association of Publishers for Special Sales

Helping Publishers Sell More Books in More Ways

All Discussions Tagged 'marketing' (71)

← Back to APSS's Sell More Books Group
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SPAN Staff

What is your marketing strategy?

You can sell more books if you go narrow and deep (more relevance to fewer buyers) rather than wide and shallow (reach more people with les…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Apr 4

SPAN Staff

Not all predictions are valid

Even famous authors are not always right in their predictions. In 1901, British novelist HG Wells said, “I must confess that my imagination…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Mar 27

SPAN Staff

The four basic categories of book promotion

There are many ways in which you can promote your books. You may be comfortable with one or two (social networking, store events), but if y…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Mar 14

SPAN Staff

This week's list of ten marketing tips

There are no shortcuts on the road to success – it takes time “Success doesn’t come from doing a lot in one day; it comes from doing a lit…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Mar 8

SPAN Staff

Ten marketing tips from the week of Feb 23

Here are ten tips that may help you sell more books profitably. Sales in some quantities require little or no discounting or distribution…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 28

SPAN Staff

10 Book Marketing Tips

Here are ten more of my tweets from last week that may help you sell more books profitably. If you would like to follow me on Twitter, plea…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 15

SPAN Staff

How is marketing like a Kaleidoscope?

Manipulating the four functions of marketing (product development, distribution, pricing and promotion) is like looking into a kaleidoscope…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 13

SPAN Staff

Ten Book-Marketing Tips

Here are ten of my tweets from last week that may help you sell more books profitably.   Ditch the pitch – if it’s canned. Customize your p…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Feb 9

SPAN Staff

Write a non-fiction mystery

Every non-fiction book should start out as a mystery. Readers should quickly understand that you have something to say that they never cons…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 29

SPAN Staff

Ten tweets to help you sell more books profitably

Here are ten of Brian Jud's tweets from this week that may help you sell more books profitably. If you would like to follow Brian Jud on Tw…

Started by Brian Jud

0 Jan 24

RSS

Support These Suppliers

© 2015   Created by Brian Jud

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service